Entertaining is a great opportunity to visit with friends and family
and can be easy with a few helpful tips.
1. Have a plan and stick to it. What may seem like
a good idea in the moment, making additions or changes,
can undermind the original well thought out plan. Make
a list and if you need help, give someone
one of the
your list without much instruction. They will have the
opportunity to participate and be involved in the creation
of the event.
2. Buffets are a great way to entertain and can make serving the food
a little easier. Display food on platters and place a few where guests
will cluster - on a bar or coffee table. Decorate the main food table
with themed decorations, an arrangement of fresh flowers, a cluster
of non-scented candles or a beautiful bowl of fresh whole fruit will
make a wonderful centerpiece.
3. Prepare dishes that can be made ahead of time and placed out shortly
before guests arrive. Cheat and buy desserts or cheese trays but make
sure they are delicious.
4. Invite guests to get involved by lighting candles, pouring drinks,
or replenishing food platters. This will make the experience rich and
memorable for everyone.
5. Be sure to provide plenty of seating. Play music and have fun with
it. And remember to provide beverages for those that don't drink.